Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Twenty-Eighteen - Year in Review.

This could actually be the earliest year in review all these years...
Reason being, I AM GOING NOWHERE this year end. 
:(
How sad can that be -
because i havent been spending the year end in Singapore the past 3-4 years...
So yup, my 2018 year in review...
So, i started my year in Kyoto, Japan this year.
Headed over to Japan with this bugger in the photo, that's my Sister. 
LOL!
Tossed a coin into the wishing pot in Kinkaku-Ji in Kyoto.
Everyone around me was clapping their hands, because the coin was in the wishing pot.
But i forgot to make a wish...
Noob, but yah.
I know my 2018 has been very fulfilling!
A visit to the Japanese Imperial Palace!
But we could only stay at the Parade Square, where most announcements are made. 
This is the Tokyo station!
The last stop before we head home was the Sensoji.
It was just so crowded!!
Because the Japanese tradition during New Year is to visit a shrine and pray for good luck. 
***
Back in Singapore, hen's night for Siwei.
Because she is the first in the clique to get married!!
But just so nice i had 2 Malay wedding to attend the same day!
So yup, Hakim got married~
It was nice seeing these group of people though.
And then yup, headed over for Siwei's wedding!
Just look how gorgeous she is!
***
Fast forward to April.
Was in Korea for a holiday with my Sister, Mum and Aunt.
Yay! That's us at the beach at Busan, i forgot what's the name of the beach.
And then we headed over to Jeju. 
Just look how pretty these Cherry Blossoms are!!
But i would love to see them in Japan the next time.
Us at the Gangchon Rail Park!
The wind was just so strong that we had to cover up!!
***
Back in Singapore for a week.
And then im off to Macau for a show.
The awesome people for the AMEX show in Macau!
***
Back in Singapore, then off to Guilin, China for another show.
Again, the awesome people for the HP show in Guilin.
And it was my birthday month!
Hahah. Didnt expect them to do such thing for me though.
How secretive! Hahaha
I had the most expensive birthday card and celebration in China!
I had the whole LED, lighting effect, CO2 as a birthday card!
Thank you Shawn, Joyce, Zee, Uncle Toh and Patrick for everything!
So much love from you guys!
***
And the fast forward to July.
I lost my paternal Grandma to Lymphoma Cancer.
Sigh!
This was the only family photo we had.
This was the only photo i had with her.
There goes my 2 grandma. Sigh.
Losing them to illness. Major SIGH.
But i think everything is just destined...
There's just so much we can control.
***
Headed over to Hong Kong for my first ever C AllStar Gathering!
Hahhaha.
So thankful that On仔 still recognises me!
Group photo!
My 此刻無價 again!
***
Joanne's wedding was in Oct!
First time as an AV coordinator, i hope i didnt screw things up!
But just am so happy for her!!!
***
And the my first time ever in Dubai!
So thankful for the opportunity to go there for a show, not.
We were literally there to have fun! LOL
Stepping foot in a desert calls for a jump shot.
But just ignore my fats. Hahahah
I never thought that i would ever step foot on a desert though!
Just look how nice these silhouettes are!
First time being so close to a camel.
They seems so sad though.
But i think this is what has been going on for thousands of years...
They are just a mode of transport in the desert. 
That's the group that went over to Dubai.
We were on top of the Burj Khalifa.
The highest building in the whole World.
The view on top of the Burj Khalifa.
The beautiful sunset before we set off to the Airport to go home!
***
And then we had a real impromptu BBQ session with the clique.
I think we just decided on the date and things to do within 3 days.
"Remember the most valuable antiques are dear old friends"
Finally an outing to the Minimalist exhibition with my ladies!
It's been so long since we spend time together though. 
Im so glad we made time for each other!
***
Onward to the last show of the year...
I usually officially close the year with Campaign's Agency of the Year!
So there we are in Shanghai.
But this year was so much colder compared to the past few years.
Always am thankful for the opportunity for shows like that.
Yay! That's us for the Greater China region.
And then, we had to rush back to Singapore for the SEA and ANZ region.
It was an awesome show!
Client was happy, everyone is happy, we are happy!!
And then for the last Auction of 2018.
That is Ruth and Simon.
The Sunday Family, we call it. 
So much love!

***

That's it. 
That's my 2018 till date...

Making new friends, losing some friends. 
I think at some point of time in life, you need to throw some friends away. 
Im glad i did, because i threw some toxic friends away...
Sweet Lies versus Hard Truth.
I think it all depends on yourself. I prefer cold hard truth.
The truth hurts, but at least you know it's real.
***
So yup, i dont think there's anymore exciting things the next 2 weeks.
Because i am stuck here in Singapore.
But yup, enough travels for the year i suppose.
Japan > JB > Cruise > Bangkok > Korea > Macau > Guilin > Hong Kong > 
Taiwan > Genting > Batam > Dubai > Shanghai 
I think these are more than enough for the year. LOL.
But i havent been to Hong Kong for quite some time. Hmm!
That aside, but im kinda sick of travelling. 
I know people will want to slap me for saying this.
Hahhaha!
But, im kinda excited for my next solo trip.
No idea when or where to yet. But just excited.

Till then, 
wishing everyone a 
MERRY CHRISTMAS 
and 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Samantha!

No comments:

Post a Comment